|T-BALL |||COACHES PITCH |||MINORS |||MAJORS |||TRAVEL TEAM |||DOUBLE-HEADER WEEKENDS |||NOTE TO COACHES|
TRAVEL TEAM (TT) RULES (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Is a competitive division.
- Our Travel Team will compete in the BBF Broncos Division for boys and girls 10 – 13 years of age, in the Southern Division.
- All scores count in the standings.
- There are BBF playoffs in September (which we must first qualify before we decide to participate)
- The BBF League starts in April and runs through July. Tentatively we will only play in May in the BBF and play a minimum amount of games to qualify for post season play.
- Games can be single games or doubleheaders.
- Schedules are set by the BBF click here
- Travel will be required for away games in and around London; home games will be played at Wormwood Scrubs.
- The BBF will keep statistics for players and publish the top players (pitchers) wins, lowest ERA, (hitting) highest batting avg, most home runs.
- Rules for the Bronco division are based off the MLB rulebook (with some modifications). For example (but not limited to)
- No leadoffs.
- Bunting is permitted.
- Pitchers pitches are counted and are restricted. For example, they can only pitch in a normal game a maximum of 75 pitches. Other restrictions apply if there are doubleheaders and etc.
- Games are restricted to be played on Saturdays.
- There are no restrictions for pitchers aged 13 i.e., they can pitch and bat with metal bats.
- Metal bats are allowed.
- No metal spikes.
- Fences from home plate the the lines are 200 ft and 250 to centre field.
- Stealing is allowed only after the ball has crossed home plate.
- If there is a play at any base the base runner must slide (with the exception of first base); Otherwise the runner will be called out.
- There are intentional walks.
- Single games will be 7 innings and doubleheaders will be 6 innings each game.
- 46 feet is the distance from pitchers plate to home plate.
- 70 feet is the distance from one base to another.
- Player evaluations and team selection will occur starting March 24th/25th.
- Players registered in our League aged 10 – 13 years of age (boys and girls) can tryout only.
- All players selected can play both in the Travel Team and their regular assigned teams in our normal League.
- The Travel Team players will be assigned two sets of uniforms i.e., one for their normal team play at the Scrubs and another for their play in the Travel Team.
- The Travel Team Manager is Gerry Perez. If you have any questions send him an email click here
- All players selected are final.